Lile, Jimmy – Cocobolo Integral Hunter (Mark: LILE) – Fixed Blade
Out of stock
James B. Lile Handmade Cocobolo Integral Hunter¦
This handmade Drop Point Hunter style auto by James B. Lile has Cocobolo inlay and the maker’s D2 blade steel. It is an integral design Lile’s Model 7 (Loveless style) all purpose utility field knife. There is a lanyard hole (Lile called it a thong hole) on the back of the handle. Included is a Lile reversible Leather pouch Sheath. From a legendary knifemaker, this is a rare one-of-a-kind collector piece or a well designed lifetime user knife.
- Blade: D2 steel … Drop Point Style
- Handle: D2 integral with Cocobolo Inlay¦
- Blade Edge Length: 3.12″
- Open/Overall Length: 8.62
- Carry: Leather Sheath¦ Weight: 7.08 oz.
- Circa: 1975 (best estimate based on Mark:œLILE¦ no dot)
- Maker: Jimmy (James B.) Lile (1933-1991)¦ Lile Knives¦ Russellville, AR
Granville Gallery is showing a collection of handmade knives with a specific interest in sole authorship pieces. The collection is eclectic and dates back to the 1980s. These pieces are available for sale on the BuyKnives.com site.