Bullet Knife, 1989 Silver Bullet “Trapper” – Jigged Bone (R1128 SB) 2-Blade Trapper
1 in stock
Remington 1989 Silver Bullet Knife (R1128 SB) ”Hunter” 2-Blade Trapper PocketKnife …
Limited Edition (numbered 2758 of 5,000 issued) – No longer in production
Remington Arms Co. entered the knife business in 1920 by building a factory in Bridgeport, CT. They put a rifle cartridge shaped shield on the front scale/handle of a Trapper (R1123) in 1922 which became known as a Bullet Knife. In 1940 Remington sold the entire knife operation to Pal Cutlery Co who closed the plant in 1950. In 1982 Remington re-entered the knife business with Camillus Cutlery Co. (Camillus, NY) contracting the Bullet Knives for them. In 2006 Bear & Son Cutlery (Jacksonville, AL) made the Bullet Knives for Remington in Jacksonville, AL. In 2018 Remington awarded the contract to Buck Knives (Post Falls, ID).
- Blade: 440 SS … Drop Point (a/k/a Muskrat) and Spey blade with Remington etch – polished finish – Remington UMC tang stamp
- Handle: brown jigged Bone – R1128, Trapper pattern nickel silver bolsters – sterling Silver Bullet shield inlay – nickel silver pins and brass liners – brass lined lanyard hole
- Closed/Carry Length: 4-3/8″
- Blade Length: Drop/Muskrat: 3-5/8″ – Spey: 3-1/2″
- Carry: PocketKnife … Weight: 6.24 oz.
- Origin: USA … Camillus Cutlery Co … Camillus, NY
Camillus Cutlery Company
The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States as its roots date back to 1876. The Company produced millions of knives until it filed for bankruptcy in 2007. Its brand name and intellectual property rights were purchased by Acme United Corporation, which re-launched the Camillus brand in May 2009 using modern materials.