Ford Swauger Handmade Amber Bone Dial-Matic Folder …
Oregon Knife Collectors Association 2007 Club Knife
Limited Edition – 55 pieces made
This handmade manual folder was available by purchasing both the manual folder and the dual action automatic as a set or the manual could have been ordered by itself. The blade steel is the maker’s Damascus and is a blending (1095 and L6 steels) in what Mr. Swauger calls a left right composite twist pattern with an L6 center. The bolsters are 140 layer random pattern Damascus. The handle scales on this PocketKnife are polished amber bone. The back strap has ornate file work on it, and the blade has a false edge top grind. The manual folder has what Mr. Swauger calls his Dial-Matic mechanism. This dial serves as a blade lock release in the manual version. This mechanism is a Ford Swauger exclusive design and works smoothly. This piece is a beautiful, fully functional folder and like all of Mr. Swauger’s handmade knives, a spectacular one-of-a-kind collector piece.
- Blade: maker’s Damascus (1095 and L6) … Spear Point Style
- Handle: dyed Amber bone – back strap (back-band, back-spacer) is file-worked – DialLock release – titanium liners – 140 layer Damascus bolsters
- Blade Edge Length: 2.81″
- Closed/Handle Length: 3.87″
- Open/Overall Length: 7.06″
- Carry: PocketKnife – Weight: 2.56 oz.
- Circa: 2006 – Numbered #19
- Maker: Ford Swauger – Roseberg, OR