Gallagher, Barry – Dragonflies Integral – Linerlock Folder
Out of stock
Barry Gallagher Handmade Dragonflies Folder …
This one-of-a-kind sole authorship knife belongs in a museum. The maker’s watershed piece. Mr. Gallagher’s attention to detail and persistence to get it just so, speak to his artistic talent.
- Blade: mosaic Damascus … double ground … silver/black lacquer finish … flower shaped ThumbStud w/garnet …
- Handle: 300 layer random Damascus … 24KT gold-wash (except wings & small dragonflies) … Front 1/3 of handle frames are smooth and unetched … rear 2/3 etched … head and body are window frames w/abalone inlays … sapphires, emeralds, rubies and diamonds for eyes … LinerLock
- Liners: fully file-worked & colored 15N20 … gradient colors from light blue to dark purple
- Screws: heat colored & fileworked
- BackBar: etched … silver/black finish … fully file-worked inside and out
- Wings: integral … raised … carved and textured … separated by back-bar
- Blade Edge Length: 3.50″
- Closed Length: 4.75″
- Overall/Open Length: 8.68“
- Weight: 5.44 oz.
- Circa: 1999
- Maker: Barry Gallagher … Lewistown, MT
Gallagher, Barry - Lewistown, MT
Barry Gallagher is a custom knifemaker and designer whose workshop is in Lewistown, Montana. He began making knives part-time in 1993 for local sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts who appreciated high performance tools and handmade craftsmanship. In 1994 he began hand-forging carbon steel blades and making basic Damascus steel, and in 1995 he became a full time knifemaker. He says, “My tastes, talent and technique have continuously evolved since the first knife I made. My passion for my work is stronger and more alive than it has ever been. Nothing is compromised in the making of any of my knives – nothing.” His knives have been featured in many knife annuals and magazines, including Blade and Knives Illustrated.