Nilsson, Jonny Walker – Swedish Lapland Carved Puukko - Fixed Blade
Jonny Walker Nilsson Sami Style Reindeer Horn Puukko …
Champion Swedish knife carver Jonny Walker Nilsson’s handmade traditional Full Horn Sami Puukko has matching Reindeer Antler handle and sheath material with Swedish 1770 blade steel. The Sheath and handle are carved intricacy in Sami tradition. The traditional Sami lifestyle depended on reindeer herding, hunting and fishing. This museum quality piece has it all tradition, complexity, artistry and done in original Sami style.
- Blade: SIS 1770 “feather steel” (58-60 HRC) by Gunnar Runo Bergström … Puukko style … both sides engraved: side one with two Sami hunting wolf with spears and the reverse side with a moose dog barking at a moose bull …
- Handle: Reindeer Horn … scrimshawed … full tang construction … linen Micarta bolsters
- Blade Edge Length: 2.25”
- Blade Length: 2.62”
- Overall Length: 6.06”
- Carry: Reindeer Horn Sheath … Weight: 5.60 oz.
- Circa: 1999
- Carver/Scrimshander: Jonny Walker Nilsson … Akkavare, Sweden
- Engraver (Blade): Per Johansson … Hjo, Sweden
- Maker: Jonny Walker Nilsson Knives - Akkavare, Sweden