Odocoileus - Micarta Skinner Hunting Knife w/Sheath - Fixed Blade
Canal Street Cutlery Steve Jernigan Odocoileus Fixed Blade Hunter ...
Limited Edition Run of 100 pieces ...
The Odocoileus (American Deer) was designed by Steve Jernigan, a Native Floridian, lifetime hunter, fisherman, outdoorsman and knifemaker and custom made by Canal Street Cutlery. This knife is a serious cutting tool specifically designed to field dress deer-sized animals. The extra thin, flat ground, A-2 high carbon tool steel blade is heat treated and drawn to its maximum using hardness. The virtually indestructible Micarta handle is milled out to receive the totally hidden tang, so that only the blade is exposed to the elements. A-2 high carbon tool steel is not stainless, so it needs to be cleaned and dried after each use to avoid rust.
- Blade: A-2 Tool Steel ... satin finish … modified Drop Point … flat grind
- Handle: milled maroon Micarta scales … hidden tang construction ... lanyard hole
- Blade Edge Length: 3.12"”
- Overall Length: 7.75”
- Carry: Leather Sheath (pouch type) … Weight: 4.48 oz. (Knife only: 2.56 oz.)
- Circa: 2008
- Designer: Steve Jernigan, Jernigan Knives, Milton, FL
- Maker: Canal Street Cutlery … Ellenville, NY