Timberline Aluminum Ceramic Blade (8012) Folder …
This item is no longer in production …
W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co. in Bradford, Pennsylvania purchased the Timberline knife brand from The Great American Tool Company. (Announced December 2016).
Long heralded for its light weight, corrosion resistance (rust proof) and incredibly durable nature, technical ceramic is a modern blade marvel. Ceramic blades, due to their exceptional hardness, will retain a sharp edge at least 10 times longer than normal blade steel. This provides the user with a superior cutting tool that will not require sharpening for a long time.
Note: Due to the extreme hardness of ceramic blades, they are more brittle than traditional blade steel and may break if dropped like any other ceramic product. Therefore, ceramic blades are NOT guaranteed against chipping or breakage.
Model 8012 (Manual) …
- Blade: Drop Point style … Damascus style black Zirconium ceramic … dual ThumbStuds for ambidextrous one hand opening
- Handle: 6061-T6 Aluminum … LinerLock … lanyard hole … Titanium coated 420 stainless steel liners
- Blade Edge Length: 2.50″
- Blade Length: 2.75″
- Closed/Handle Length: 3.50″
- Open/Overall Length: 6.60″
- Carry: Tip-Down CarryClip … Weight: 3.02 oz.
- Origin: China … Timberline (now Case & Sons Cutlery)