Salt, Tusk – Titanium Marlinspike & Knife – FrameLock Folder – 2.38″ LC200N Plain Edge
Out of stock
Spyderco Tusk (C06) Mariner’s Tool Knife and MarlinSpike …
The Tusk is an extraordinary multi-function mariner’s tool. The Tusk’s handle is precision machined from two slabs of solid titanium. One end houses a Plain Edged blade ground from LC200N steel a nitrogen-alloyed tool steel that offers extreme toughness and superior corrosion resistance and locks open via a sturdy Reeve Integral Lock (R.I.L.) mechanism.
At the other end of the Tusk’s handle is a 300-series stainless steel MarlinSpike, which features a unique round-to-square cross section for increased leverage when loosening knots. A milled slot in the MarlinSpike’s body and the gap between it and the handle also serve as shackle keys for unscrewing and tightening threaded shackles. To allow the MarlinSpike and its shackle key to withstand extreme leverage during use, it locks securely in place with Spyderco’s patented Ball Bearing Lockâ„¢ mechanism containing a special ceramic ball. Constructed entirely of highly rust-resistant, state-of-the-art materials.
- Overall Length Blade Open: 6.55″ (166 mm)
- Overall Length MarlinSpike Open: 6.41″ (163 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.17″ (106 mm)
- Blade Length: 2.38″ (60 mm)
- Blade Edge Length: 3.15″ (80 mm)
- Blade Steel: LC 200 N¦ Hollow Ground¦ MarlinSpike Tool: 300 series S.S.
- Handle Material: Titanium
- CarryClip: Ambidextrous¦ Tip-Up
- Lock Mechanism: Blade … Reeve Integral Lock (FrameLock)
- Lock Mechanism: MarlinSpike … Ball Bearing Lockâ„¢
- Weight: 4.2 oz (119 g)
- Origin: Taiwan … Spyderco, Inc. … Golden, CO
Spyderco was founded in 1976 by Sal and Gail Glesser. In 1981, the Glessers put down roots in Golden, Colorado and introduced the first Spyderco folding knife. That knife pioneered the concept of a round hole in the blade for one-handed opening, a clip on the handle for carry at the top of the pocket, and the option of a serrated edge for aggressive cutting performance. Since then, Spyderco has steadily grown to become one of the leaders in the cutlery industry. In addition to a worldwide distribution network and manufacturing resources in the U.S., Japan, Taiwan, Italy, and China.
Those Who Know, Carry Spyderco.