OKCA 2005 Club Knife – Swauger, Ford – White Bone LinerLock Folder
Out of stock
Ford Swauger Handmade White Bone LinerLock Folder¦
2005 Oregon Knife Collectors Association Club Knife
Limited Edition¦ 50 pieces made
This handmade manual folder was available by purchasing both the manual folder and the dual action automatic as a set or the manual could have been ordered by itself. The blade steel is the maker’s Damascus and is a blending (1095 and L6 steels) in what Mr. Swauger calls aœtwist pattern. The bolsters are from this same pattern Damascus. The handle scales on this PocketKnife are polished white bone. This piece is a fully functional PocketKnife and like all of Mr. Swauger’s handmade knives, a one-of-a-kind collector piece.
- Blade: maker’s twist pattern Damascus (1095 and L6) … Drop Point Style
- Handle: stabilized white bone¦ sealed and polished¦ LinerLock¦ file-worked ThumbStud¦ file-workedœlace pattern titanium liners¦ matching twist pattern Damascus bolsters
- Blade Edge Length: 2.62″
- Closed/Handle Length: 4.00″
- Open/Overall Length: 7.25
- Carry: PocketKnife¦ Weight: 3.04 oz.
- Circa: 2004¦ Numbered #19
- Maker: Ford Swauger“ Roseberg, OR
Swauger, Ford - Roseberg, OR
Ford Swauger has been making knives for many years part-time while working his main occupation as Fire Chief. Retired after 30+ years in the Fire Service and 9 years in gunsmithing, now his main past time is knifemaking. Mr. Swauger designs and crafts knives of all styles including fixed blades, folders, automatics, and miniatures. He also makes his own Damascus, from simple twists to patterned mosaic using L-6, 1095, and 01. He does all his own work on each knife, including the Damascus, carving, file-art, anodizing, heat-treating and forging. Each of Ford Swauger's knives are hand-crafted, no two knives are exact in the finished product.