Martin, Peter – Elephant Toe Scrim Automatic – BolsterLock Folder
Out of stock
Peter Martin Handmade Ivory Elephant Toe Scrim Automatic
This handmade bolster action automatic by Peter Martin has Mosaic Damascus blade steel and Ivory handle scales. This sole authorship, one-of-a-kind collector piece has an elephant theme. Known for his creative whimsy Mr. Martin instructed the scrimshander to show the elephant coming and going¦ which resulted in two different scenes¦ on the front, the elephant approaching and the reverse, the elephant leaving. The design of the bolster opening folder is also the blade lockup and close¦ allowing the blade to be locked in the closed or open positions. Yet another testament to Mr. Martin’s attention to form, fit, and finish. The elephant scrims and this beautiful sole authorship piece are two reasons to add this piece to a collection.
- Blade: maker’s Mosaic Damacus¦ Drop Point style¦ file-worked top edge
- Handle: Elephant Ivory (pre-ban,œantique)¦ elephant toe pattern … file-worked nickel silver liners and Damascus spine¦ Bolster Release¦ Mosaic Damascus bolsters
- Blade Edge Length: 2.37″
- Closed/Handle Length: 3.81
- Open/Overall Length: 6.37
- Carry: PocketKnife¦ Weight: 5.92 oz.
- Scrimshander: Lori Ristinen … Wolf Lake, MN
- Circa: 1998
- Maker: Maker: Peter Martin¦ Peter Martin Knives¦ Waterford, WI