Griptilian, Noryl – S30V Tanto w/ThumbStuds – AxisLock Folder
Benchmade Griptilian (553-S30V, 557-S30V) Tanto w/ThumbStuds Folder …
The Benchmade Griptilian, a Mel Pardue designed folder that is considered one of the best all-purpose everyday carry knives year after year. This version of the Griptilian has Noryl GTX handle scales, a polymer resin that is tough, lightweight and resistant to heat, cold, water and chemicals for a durable cutting tool. The blade steel is CPM-S30V, a martensitic, powdered stainless steel with high levels of wear and corrosion resistance for solid performance and good edge retention. Ambidextrous use with an Axis Lock and reversible pocket clip. Excellent all-around functionality whether in the field, at work or around the house. Made in the USA!
- Blade: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC) – modified Tanto – dual ThumbStuds – saber grind
- Handle: Noryl GTX (Polymer) – textured and contoured – SS liners – AxisLock mechanism – lanyard hole
- Blade Edge Length: 553: 3.31″ – 557 (Mini): 2.81″
- Blade Length: 553: 3.50″ – 557 (Mini): 3.00″
- Closed/Handle Length: 553: 4.62″ – 557 (Mini): 3.87″
- Open/Overall Length: 553: 8.07″ – 557 (Mini): 6.75″
- Carry: Reversible Tip-Up CarryClip – Weight: 553: 3.84 oz. – 557 (Mini): 2.72 oz.
- Origin: USA – Benchmade Knife Company – Oregon City, OR
Benchmade Knife Company
Benchmade Knife Company, Inc. was founded in California in 1988 and moved to Oregon in 1990. Benchmade's breaking new ground in the manufactured knife markets by using non-traditional materials and modern manufacturing methods in not only building knives better but, inevitably building better knives.
Benchmade employs a simple philosophy: "Make it cool, make it solid, make it happen and definitely make it Benchmade."