Bullet Knife, 2016 “The Boss” – Amber Jigged Bone (R293B) 2-Blade Trapper
Out of stock
Remington 2016 Bullet Knife (R293B) ”The Boss” 2-Blade Trapper …
Limited Edition (5,000 issued)¦ No longer in production
Remington Arms Co. entered the knife business in 1920 by building a factory in Bridgeport, CT. They put a rifle cartridge shaped shield on the front scale/handle of a Trapper (R1123) in 1922 which became known as a Bullet Knife. In 1940 Remington sold the entire knife operation to Pal Cutlery Co who closed the plant in 1950. In 1982 Remington re-entered the knife business with Camillus Cutlery Co. (Camillus, NY) contracting the Bullet Knives from them. In 2006 Bear & Son Cutlery (Jacksonville, AL) made the Bullet Knives for Remington in Jacksonville, AL. In 2018 Remington awarded the contract to Buck Knives (Post Falls, ID).
- Blade: 440 SS … Clip Point etchedœRemington and Spey blades¦ polished finish¦ Remington UMC tang stamp¦
- Handle: Amber Jigged Bone¦ R293BœTrapper pattern¦ nickel silver bolsters and Bullet shield inlay¦ nickel silver pins and brass liners¦
- Closed/Carry Length: 5-1/4″
- Blade Length: Clip: 4-1/8¦ Spey: 4-1/8
- Carry: PocketKnife … Weight: 6.08 oz.
- Origin: USA … Bear & Son Cutlery … Jacksonville, AL
Bear & Son Cutlery
The Bear & Son Cutlery factory is unique. It is 100% self-contained. While some companies only assemble parts brought in from various suppliers and put their names on the product, they do everything in-house from building their own blanking dies to heat treating, grinding and assembly, as well as hand finishing their products.
Their ongoing commitment: To make them in America, and make them affordable.