Bruce Bohrmann – Bohrmann Knives Handmade Walnut Burl Trapper Hunter …
Bruce Bohrmann has been making knives since the 1950s and one at a time, in his shop in the coastal town of Yarmouth, Maine since 1986. He uses 440C stainless steel, hardened to 58-60 Rockwell. Since these are Maine-made, he prefers to use only wood grown in the State of Maine (walnut burl, cherry burl, elm, etc.).
His leather sheaths are pouch-style, wetted and hand formed to each knife. Bohrmann’s unique design has a “belt strap” sewn diagonally across the back of the sheath so that it can be worn as a cross draw, riding across the front of the hip or in the regular way.
- Blade Edge Length: 2 11/16
- Overall Length: 7 5/8
- Blade Material: satin finish 440C¦
- Handle Material: Walnut Burl
- Born Date: August 1985¦ number 691
- Maker: Bruce Bohrmann¦ Bohrmann Knives¦ Yarmouth, ME